Surgical Center & Surgical Services
Specialized Surgery in LA County
Surgical Services Team: 626-574-3776
USC Arcadia Hospital houses 12 sophisticated operating room where a multidisciplinary surgical team performs advanced operations utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and the most rigorous safety standards. For our patients, this means the highest quality care with the best possible outcomes for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. Multiple teams of surgeons, anesthesiologists, and nurses are available 24 hours a day to handle emergencies.
We prioritize minimally invasive operations when possible, but our team is more than capable of performing open surgery as needed. For less invasive procedures our surgeons make use of laparoscopes, a small camera that can be inserted through small incisions that allow for surgery to be performed without cutting a patient open.
Our multidisciplinary surgery team includes experts in:
- Orthopedic Surgery - Our orthopedic surgery team is ready to treat your condition and in some cases using minimally invasive treatment. Common orthopedic surgeries include total joint replacement, spinal surgery, and minimally invasive arthroscopy.
- Cardiac Surgery - Both open heart surgery and minimally invasive cardiac procedures are offered. We are prepared to perform emergency procedures in the event of a heart attack or other cardiac event. We also offer minimally invasive angioplasty procedures to treat narrowed arteries and heart disease.
- General Surgery - General surgery focuses on the abdominal area, and treats a variety of conditions. Most issues affecting the esophagus, stomach, colon, and thyroid are treated by a general surgeon. General surgeons are medical specialists, and the term "general" actually refers to the general abdomen area that they work on.
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery (ENT) - Pains in the face and neck area are often treated by ENT surgery. You may want to consult with an ENT doctor when dealing with difficulty swallowing, earaches, and sinus issues. The widely known tonsil removal procedure is usually performed by an ENT surgeon.
- Neurosurgery - Neurological operations usually take place on or near the brain and spine. Neurosurgery is often performed to remove tumors on the brain and spine, diagnose neurological disorders, a treat nerve damage.
- Cancer Surgery - Your doctor or oncologist will likely recommend cancer surgery if it is diagnosed before it has a chance to spread. Before cancer metastasizes (spreads), most of the cancer cells clump together in a tumor where the disease originated. By removing the tumor and destroying the remaining cancer cells there is a high chance of eliminating cancer for good. In addition to our general cancer surgery, specialized services are offered at the GYN Oncology Institute and Institute for Surgical Specialties.
- Vascular Surgery - While cardiac surgery primarily deals with heart issues, vascular surgery treats conditions in blood vessels throughout the body, including the brain, legs, arms, neck, and some internal organs. Vascular surgery is often used to treat varicose veins, blood clots, and, in some cases, stroke.
To learn more, contact our Surgical Services Team at 626-574-3776.